Each baptized Catholic has the right and the obligation to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, but the candidate has the responsibility to personally choose to complete initiation into the faith life of the Church. The candidate may request the sacrament if he/she:
- is baptized and able to renew Baptismal promises, unless a grave reason suggests otherwise;
- exhibits an active faith life and knowledge of the Church;
- participates in the sacramental life of the Church,
- especially Eucharistic liturgies;
- is willing to commit to active involvement in the parish Confirmation catechesis;
- is willing to respond to the call to active participation in the Church;
- is willing to continue to learn and grow in faith following Confirmation and throughout his/her lifetime.