HOLY TRINITY CATHOLIC CHURCH CEMETERY at CORN HILL (HTC)
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Plot Sizes: (casket) 4.5’ wide X 10’ long / (urn) 1’ long X 2’ wide
HTC provides the right of interment for parishioners and others who meet the terms of these policies and procedures,
which are regulated by the HTC Cemetery Committee (hereafter called Committee).
Resale of the rights of interment is not permitted.
- Parishioners of Holy Trinity Parish may be buried without cost provided:
- they are registered with Holy Trinity Parish
- they are actively participating in the spiritual life of Holy Trinity Parish
- they contribute regularly to Holy Trinity Parish by check or church envelope
- once an individual turns 18 years of age, even if they are still living in their parent’s home, they are considered to be their own parish family and should, therefore, 1) register as a family, 2) actively participate in the spiritual life of the parish, and 3) contribute regularly to the parish by check or church envelope
- Annual contributions of at least $20 per family are collected each October for cemetery upkeep and maintenance. Failure to pay the annual upkeep fee will result in a parishioner being charged to be buried at HTC ($1500 casket / $250 urn).
- once an individual turns 18 years of age, even if they are still living in their parents’ home, they are considered to be their own parish family and should, therefore, fulfill the responsibilities as any other parish family and pay the annual contribution to the HTC Cemetery Fund.
- Non-Parishioners may be buried:
- (casket) for $3,000
- (urn) for $500
- No reserved plots are allowed except for the spouse of the deceased already interred.
- All burials will be done in a systematic order – by next available space. The location of the burial spot is unknown until the burial occurs, with the exception of:
- Married couples who are current parishioners of HTC: a space will automatically be reserved for the surviving spouse next to the deceased spouse, unless requested otherwise.
- Non-Catholic spouse of a parishioner of HTC: a space can be reserved for the surviving spouse next to the deceased spouse.
- Married couples who are not parishioners of HTC: for both spouses to be buried at HTC, two (2) ‘rights to burial’ must be purchased by the couple – then, once one spouse is buried, a space will be reserved next to that one for the surviving spouse.
- No spaces will be reserved for children or any other family member – except in special cases – and would require approval by the pastor. The reason for this is to keep grave digging equipment from having to drive over curbing and other graves.
- When the location of an interment space is indefinite or the designated space cannot be opened, the Committee may choose a location as deemed best and proper. The Committee shall not be liable in damages for any errors so made or for opening such space in location other than specified.
- Prior to any type of curb construction or monument placement, the Committee must be notified. Any unapproved construction may be removed without notice.
- The Committee has the right to remove any flowers, plants, deteriorated monuments or structures or other offensive objects considered improper or injurious to the appearance of the surrounding plots or grounds.
- Special circumstances that may arise, as well as the type of liturgical services for those being buried, are at the discretion of the HTC Pastor.
Memorials may be made to the Cemetery Fund to honor a loved one, and can be sent to the address below. Please include the name of the individual to be remembered as well as the name and address of the donor.
Holy Trinity Cemetery Fund, 8626 FM 1105, Jarrell, TX 76537 (Parish Office: 512-863-3020)
(Revised June 2017)